In order to enhance your love of the Prophet, think of the following:
1. Think of this humble servant of Allah who never tired of reminding himself that he was a humble servant of Allah. He said, "I am a servant of Allah; I eat like a servant, sit like a servant and walk like a servant."
2. Think of his lofty morals and his compassion towards the most vulnerable, the women, children and animals. We learn that he would be moved to tears for the death of a child, and he would commiserate with a child for the death of his nightingale.
3. Think of his qualities as a boss who never picked faults. The young man who had served him ten long years said, "I served the Messenger of Allah ten years, and yet not even once did he condemn me for something I did wrong or failed to do right!"
4. Through his excellent morals and conduct, he earned the love of everyone around him, men and women, young and old. Even his enemies noted that they never saw such expressions of love shown towards any temporal or spiritual leader before him.
5. His selfless and self-effacing behavior turned his hardened enemies into his ardent admirers who were ready to give their lives for the sake of him and his mission. Look at `Umar, Safwan, `Ikrimah and Khalid and many others who had been once his fiercest adversaries.
6. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) was born an orphan and died like an orphan. In other words, his lifestyle never changed. He reminded a person who feared his might, "Take it easy! You have no reason to fear me! I am not a king, but the son of an old woman of Quraish who used to survive on dry meat!"
7. He consistently and vigorously opposed any forms of self-adulation and self-adoration so that he even forbade his people standing up in reverence for him. Prior to his death, one of his stern warnings addressed to his followers was, "Do not venerate me as the Christians venerated Jesus, son of Mary. I am only servant of Allah and His Messenger!" (Al-Bukhari)
May Allah shower His choicest blessings on His servant and chosen Messenger Muhammad and his family and companions; and may the Beneficent Lord raise us all under his flag on the Day of Resurrection. Ameen.